Preserving, Strengthening and Growing the Manufacturing Industry in Wyoming
The Alliance of Wyoming Manufacturers (AWM) is a not-for-profit corporation that serves as a voice and a monitor for the manufacturing industry in matters of legislation and regulation that impact member businesses in Wyoming. AWM advocates for legislation and regulation that enhances the ability for manufacturing companies to flourish in Wyoming and against increases in taxes and regulations that hurt the ability of manufacturers to contribute to Wyoming’s economy.
The founding members and current Board of Directors of AWM are Rex Lewis, Puma Steel; Mike Wandler, L&H Industrial; Blake Barfield, Holly Frontier Corp. and Jim Neiman, Neiman Enterprises. These and other member companies see value in organizing to try to achieve the mission stated above for the manufacturing industries in Wyoming.
The Alliance of Wyoming Manufacturers is the designated member of the State Associations Group of the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) and as such offers its members many benefits available through the NAM.
The focus is on the intensive effort to monitor and influence legislation and regulation that impacts manufacturing companies in Wyoming. Key issues we are continually monitoring include:
- Taxation of manufacturing equipment capital investment
- preservation and extension of the sales tax exemption for the purchase of equipment used in the manufacturing process
- Other tax related issues
- State and local regulation that impacts manufacturers
- Employment regulations
- Workforce development and training regulations and incentives
- Workplace Safety and OSHA regulations
- Environmental regulations and compliance issues